Icebreaker to allow students to perform in front of the class in a nonthreatening manner.
1. Students form circle.
2. Ask for two volunteers.
3. Two volunteers sit facing each other.
4. Give the volunteers a category (fruit, vegetables, states, for example).
5. The first student names an item from the category.
6. The second student must reply with a different item in the category within three seconds.
7. The students try to keep the word tennis going as long as possible.
8. Whoever wins the round stays and faces another challenger.