Summer Agriculture Institute is a five day, unique and immersive program that teaches Oregon educators from all over the state about agriculture in Oregon and how agriculture lends itself as a concept for teaching a wide range of STEM related subjects to all grade levels.
During the week of Summer Agriculture Institute, attendees will get to
• see firsthand the diversity and economic importance of Oregon’s agriculture industry and how to apply it in their classrooms. They will
• go on several farm and agribusiness tours
• have ample opportunities from questions and discussions with farmers and agriculture industry professionals about anything related to agriculture.
• participate in hands-on classroom workshops,
• listen to talks from representatives at the Oregon Department of Agriculture as well as the College of Agriculture Science at Oregon State University.
Thanks to our generous contributors, included in the registration fee of $600 are
• Housing accommodations for all five days
• Transportation during the week
• Meals and snacks
• Collateral teaching materials
• OSU tuition
By completing this course, attendees earn either 60 Professional Development Units or three upper division, graduate level credits from Oregon State University. (AED 518)