March 19th, 2020 SB 13 Tribal History/Shared History Train the Trainer Part I
We are pleased to announce our next SB 13 Tribal History/Shared History Train the Trainer (Part I) event will be held at Western Oregon University in the Columbia Room on March 19, 2020 from 9:00AM-4:00PM.
This training will be a two part series with the second training being offered in April/May. The first part on March 19th will cover the goals listed below and the second part in April/May will include a deeper review of the lesson plans.
Goals for the March 19th event:
- Have participants come away with the ability to teach, train and be a source of support, knowledge, and advocacy within their school/district for SB 13 Tribal History/Shared History
- Provide a full background on SB 13 (the what and the why – where it came from, etc.)
- Overview of Critical Orientations for Indigenous Studies Curriculum (The 6 P’s)
- Educator Toolkit and ODE Website Resources
- Lesson Plan Development (template of lesson plan – the what and why of the lesson format creation)
- Essential Understandings Process/Document
- Introduce final version lessons of the curriculum through lesson modeling and activities, allow for discussion and discourse of the curriculum
- Create a community/network of support for educators
Participant (future trainer) Expectations:
Practice your learning by participating in both small group and large group discussions. Develop a plan for how to implement a workshop on Tribal History/Shared History in your respective school and/or district. Be listed as a resource to provide future professional development on Tribal History/Shared History.
If interested in attending, please complete the online registration below through Eventbrite:
We are limited on room space, so please register as soon as possible to ensure your seat is confirmed.
Thank you for your support of SB 13 Tribal History/Shared History. We greatly appreciate it and look forward to hosting you!
Trinity Minahan for:
April Campbell (citizen of the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde)
Indian Education Advisor
Office of Indian Education
o: (503) 947-5810 | c: (971) 600-6241
email@example.com | www.oregon.gov/ode