Vision for CTE
As Oregon embarks on crafting a CTE plan for our state we want to start with a vision of what we hope to accomplish with our work.
Below is our working draft. What do you think we can do to ensure that every Oregonian has access to high-quality education that leads to rewarding career opportunities?
Oregon’s CTE Vision Reimagine and transform learner experiences in order to enhance their life prospects, empower their communities, and build equity in an inclusive, sustainable, innovation-based economy. CTE / STEM develops the fundamental skills and mindsets necessary to:
- Have access to high-quality education that leads to rewarding career opportunities.
- Gain the skills they need when they need them.
- Transition seamlessly between technical and academic instruction, secondary and postsecondary education, and the workplace.
- Empower learners with the information they need to map out an individualized pathway that leads to success.
- Learn from a range of knowledgeable experts who can masterfully link the classroom to their future life roles.