• Kathleen McClaskey, Founder, Make Learning Personal; Co-author, Make Learning Personal and How to Personalize Learning
• Tom Murray, Director of Innovation, Future Ready Schools®, Alliance for Excellent Education
Please join Future Ready Schools® for a webinar that is a part of their Leadership Hub, a one-stop-shop of professional learning opportunities for school leaders. As the nation strives to educate all young people to become independent and self-directed learners so they have choices in college, a career, and life, each child must be promised the opportunity to develop learner agency. How can that promise be fulfilled?
In this webinar, the panelists will discuss how to empower all learners with a UDL (Universal Design for Learning) Lens: Access, Engage, and Express, which is a three-step process that results in learner agency. All learners should take ownership of their learning and they need a way to talk about who they are and what their strengths and challenges are in addition to the details about their interests, talents, and aspirations. The process to develop learner agency includes a Learner Profile (LP), Personal Learning Backpack (PLB), and Personal Learning Plan (PLP). The LP will help students tell their story and from there, conversations and relationships will uncover the learner in each child.
Questions to consider during the process:
• How can a culture be created where learners are more valued than students?
• What can be derived from the LP to develop a PLB of tools, resources, and skills for each learner?
• What should be included in a PLP for each learner to develop agency?