Oregon EdTech Professional Development Cadre: Application Open
ODE is looking for Educators and leaders with responsibility to lead, coach and/or provide professional development around technology integration in their school, district or ESD who might be interested in joining the Oregon EdTech Professional Development Cadre.
The Oregon EdTech Professional Development Cadre (Cadre) disseminates best practices targeting innovative technology integration into teaching and learning by:
- Providing forums for networking and ongoing collaborative work,
- Integrating proven and emerging technology effectively to support standards-based learning and teaching,
- Modeling and practicing effective instructional strategies,
- Focusing on exemplary professional learning to improve practice.
Cadre meets four times during the course of the school year (three times face-to-face and once virtually) to provide a sustainable community of practice for educators to learn about incorporating technology standards into their academic content area and their practice.
Below you will find a link to the application for the 2017-18 Oregon Ed Tech Professional Development Cadre. This is NOT the registration form. Those accepted to Cadre will receive the registration and payment information. Our space is limited so we are carefully reviewing how your responses to the application align with the goals of the Cadre. As a reminder, we are looking for:
- Educators and leaders with responsibility to lead, coach and/or provide professional development around technology integration in their school, district or ESD.
Information in this application will be used to identify those participants who have the strongest role at their local district/ESD to accelerate the implementation of digital learning and teaching. If selected for the 2017-18 Cadre, you will receive an email that includes a registration and invoice for payment.
Expectations of participants:
- Attendance at all three face-to-face meetings and at least 1 webinar.
- Active participation with a growth mindset.
- Activities, lessons, and strategies learned at Cadre will be shared back at your district or ESD.
Attendance at all sessions and participation in at least 1 webinar is expected; payment for the entire year is required and included in the cost. There will be no discounts for those not attending a meeting. We expect a decrease in the cost for the upcoming year due to possible new funding provided by the Oregon Department of Education to support this work. The cost will be approximately $250 per person for the year.
- September 27 and 28 at Lane ESD,
- February/March - Date and location to be determined,
- April 24 and 25 at Clackamas ESD,
- 3 Webinar options throughout the year
Application for 2017-18 Oregon Ed Tech Professional Development Cadre. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Allison Shelley/The Verbatim Agency for American Education: Images of Teachers and Students in Action.